Tucson Arizona!

I did it! A road trip of 3,700 miles starting in Massachusetts...going to Tampa for a week to hang out with dad, and then a 2,000 mile trek along the Gulf Coast to Tucson. I am blown away. It is just so beautiful in Tucson with the mountains all around this valley and snow at the highest peaks. I am beside myself. I feel so fortunate to have made the trip without incident. Just me, the truckers, and a few out-of-state travelers going the same way at the same time. It was funny that on my last day, it began to rain in Arizona. All of the days on the road had been dry. When I stopped at the very last possible rest stop one hour outside of Tucson, I smiled at the irony. It was snowing amid the rain. Can you believe it? Then I crested the mountain, and in the distance I could see the storm cloud line. There was a clear line where beyond it the sun opened up and displayed the valley below. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment