I have my first apartment!

I will soon be living in downtown Tucson, right across the street from the U of A. I can walk to the university, and keep showing up until they hire me! Or is it until I hire them? haha. The location of this tiny little furnished studio is very nice. And I can rent with no commitment... by the week or the month. Until I find something bigger and better. The word is that after February, rentals are cheaper and more available. So I can hang tight until then. I really do hate to give up my hotel room, tho, I must say. This place is incredible. I am in a suite at the Marriott Residence Inn that is gorgeous and includes breakfast and dinner with wine. After I scored an apartment today, I came back to the hotel, put on my shorts and t-shirt and hung out at the pool. It's a tad cool for a bathing suit. I just gotta say, it's pretty nice. My new place will not be nearly this nice, nor will it have the internet, a reliable tv, or a stove top. I'm so glad I purchased a Presto electric griddle with Dad this past week! But by hanging out at internet cafes, I figure it's a good way to meet new people. My new landlord told me about a place where people over 50 hang out. Funny. Actually, that could be pretty cool. I can do that. And I can walk there. I think I will like being part of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment