biking, a little work, and the symphony

Lisa and I climbed Mt Lemmon today, our second time this week ... to Seven Cataracts, which is the furthest Lisa has climbed so far! It is beginning to feel good to me. Just going the distance and not fretting it. It's always a good workout. Descending is getting a bit easier... but to see some of the cyclists come down so fast is incredible. Their 1" tires are screaming down the pavement. You can hear them coming even before you see them.
Then I came home and made a very nice lunch of marinated salmon (yes, I took a chance in the desert), broccoli, and couscous with raisins, almonds, onion and honey. And then I went to work. On-line proficiency testing consisting of scoring and administration of the various standardized assessments. All my fears were for naught. I did great. Ready to move on!
My reward was the free outdoor symphony at Udall Park tonight. The weather is always good, and once the sun goes down, the temperature is delightful. Tonight was the Arizona Symphonic Winds with a special violin concerto. Fabulous! I have not heard a violin solo like that ever. So I expect I will learn a great deal about the symphony before the summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment