Sunday

Today was a good day. It may surprise you to learn I went to a church this morning... an Episcopal church with a woman preacher...unique not only for a female preacher, but also because of it's beautiful Spanish architectural design and huge arched window behind the alter displaying a gorgeous, mesmerizing view of the Catalina mountains. I'm not yet a convert, but I enjoyed the 6 member male A Capella choir and short sermon. From there, I went to the U of A for an outdoor book fest on the mall. I heard an entertaining interview with William Gates Sr. on the topic "Showing up for life". Then on to a talk by Professor Robert Glennon about "Americas water crisis and what to do about it". He truly hit a chord. Did you realize that landscaping takes up to 40% of our water resources? And flushing the toilet is another 30%? Think about that. And it's not just happening in AZ. He is a Boston native (BC grad) and had photos of the Ipswich River that has dried up. I may have found my calling. Now to convince him to hire me. Next on my agenda was to meet an employee of Canyon Ranch for a job opportunity as a hike and bike guide leader. That could be very cool. An exciting day, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment