My first club bike ride

It was time. I've watched the other cyclists on the roads and hills of Tucson with envy. I had to go. So I met up with the Cactus Cycling Club at the very civilized hour of 2pm on a Saturday for a ride in the foothills of the Coronado National Forest. It was sweet. There were 17 riders, and it was a short ride, but a good beginning. Everyone wears long sleeves and long pants despite the sunny 69 degrees. The conditions are so different here. It really is very dry and there are no clouds to protect you from the sun. I know I have to apply sunscreen differently than I have been, and drink plenty of fluids. I will use my Title Nine gift certificate (from Slone) to get some cooling protective gear. I've heard there is such a thing, and I've been saving my gift just for this occasion.
I also had to buy a tv. I can not take missing the Olympics. Internet is very sketchy here at my apartment, and last night, on opening night... I had nothing. So I now have my first flat screen tv. Nice.
I biked around the U of A yesterday. That is a very pretty campus. I liked the energy. But it amused me that they trucked in snow so that the college kids could play. I'm sure that's not what NPR counted when they said 49 states have snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment